More Than a Century of Service
See how we got to where we are today with an overview of more than a century’s worth of service.
Our Management Team
Get to know the people behind the title and meet those who make up Village Shalom’s leadership team.
Learn about the Kansas City community leaders who comprise our Board of Directors and Associate Board.
Our Mission & Vision
- HONOR our elders in accordance with Jewish principles by bringing dignity, choice, compassion and care to their lives and life transitions.
- PROVIDE the assurance of a comfortable home and safe haven for all who are in our care.
- RESPECT the diversity of our residents and their family members, staff, volunteers and business associates.
- FOSTER strong, lasting relationships with our community and partnering organizations, agencies, philanthropists and volunteers whose support sustains us in fulfilling our mission.
- UPHOLD our responsibility to the community and all who rely on us for their care through sound management of our financial resources.
- PURSUE excellence and innovation in providing superior care, highly skilled staff and exemplary leadership that is a model for meeting the needs of seniors.
Our mission is to nurture the physical, emotional, social and spiritual well-being of every individual whom we are privileged to serve, inspired by our heritage as a Jewish-sponsored continuing-care retirement community. Our vision is to enable senior adults to flourish in a safe, caring, compassionate community.
Our Core Values
Village Shalom Prepared For Possible Cases of Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Based upon revised recommendations of the CDC, Village Shalom will limit visitors to the campus to combat the spread of the disease and protect the health and welfare of our residents.Full Article