More Than a Century of Service
See how we got to where we are today with an overview of more than a century’s worth of service.
Our Management Team
Get to know the people behind the title and meet those who make up Village Shalom’s leadership team.
Learn about the Kansas City community leaders who comprise our Board of Directors and Associate Board.
Our Mission & Vision
- HONOR our elders in accordance with Jewish principles by bringing dignity, choice, compassion and care to their lives and life transitions.
- PROVIDE the assurance of a comfortable home and safe haven for all who are in our care.
- RESPECT the diversity of our residents and their family members, staff, volunteers and business associates.
- FOSTER strong, lasting relationships with our community and partnering organizations, agencies, philanthropists and volunteers whose support sustains us in fulfilling our mission.
- UPHOLD our responsibility to the community and all who rely on us for their care through sound management of our financial resources.
- PURSUE excellence and innovation in providing superior care, highly skilled staff and exemplary leadership that is a model for meeting the needs of seniors.
Our mission is to nurture the physical, emotional, social and spiritual well-being of every individual whom we are privileged to serve, inspired by our heritage as a Jewish-sponsored continuing-care retirement community. Our vision is to enable senior adults to flourish in a safe, caring, compassionate community.
Our Core Values
Weeks Honored with Village Shalom’s 23rd Wolff Award
Personal connection is the strongest ingredient of a welcoming environment. Always extending a warm smile and soft hello, Danielle Weeks has spent the last seven years genuinely connecting with each resident she encounters as a program coordinator for the south-Overland Park Continuing Care Retirement Community. On Friday, July 27, Weeks received deserving recognition when she was named the 23rd recipient of Village Shalom’s Wolff Excellence in Care Giving Award.Full Article