You, at Your Very Best
To live well is to live wholly. To continually nurture the mind, body and spirit so you can appreciate the goodness of life and find resilience when you need it. Wellness at Village Shalom is about creating opportunities for you to strengthen the intellectual, physical, spiritual and emotional aspects of your life. And with an abundance of choices, you can craft your own unique path to an even more fulfilling lifestyle.
Wellness is an active process through which people become aware of, and make choices toward, a more successful existence. (National Wellness Institute)
Satisfy your curiosity and challenge yourself through Village Shalom University, creative classes, lunch and learn events, art exhibits at The Epsten Gallery, and off-campus excursions. There’s always something of interest to explore and fascinating ways to keep learning.
Care for your body at your own pace. You can stroll the walking paths; take aqua aerobics, yoga or tai chi classes; learn how to use the fitness equipment; or consult with a personal trainer. And with plenty of healthy dining options on campus, you’ll be able to eat well — and enjoy it!
Nurturing your spirit takes many forms. If you prefer religious services, we offer traditional and liberal Jewish services in our on-campus synagogue. We also host monthly Catholic and Protestant services, and provide free transportation to local places of worship each weekend. You can also find peace and harmony with the world around you through nature, art, and serving others by volunteering.
Having meaningful relationships and being connected to a caring community are key elements of emotional wellness. So is learning how to navigate change in healthy ways. Here you’ll have friends who are like family, as well as counseling if you ever need it. It all works together to build resilience and make each day shine.
Fitness Made Easy
Building strength and stamina has never been easier at Village Shalom. We have multiple venues and myriad opportunities to get and keep fit.
Our newest fitness center, Transform, is open 24/7 to all independent living residents. You’ll find treadmills, a NuStep recumbent stepper, a CyberCycle recumbent bike, free weights, bands, mats, and full mirrors with ballet bars. In addition, we offer:
- A detailed orientation so you know how to safely use the equipment.
- Spiro100, a streaming fitness program with hundreds of classes for various levels of exercise.
- Live, small group fitness classes taught by certified instructors. These include chair yoga, tai chi, GetFit and more.
- Personal training and massage therapy are available for an additional fee.
This fitness center is designed to help you meet your fitness goals. It features treadmills, NuStep machines, weightlifting equipment, and an iBalance machine that helps with balance, leg strength and endurance. We have a fitness classroom with bars and mirror, and a warm water (89 degrees) pool for water classes and free-time swimming. In addition, the Wellness Center has:
- Pool with a Hydrorider stationary bike and a lift for easy entry and exit.
- Fitness classes throughout the week, including strength training, balance training, chair yoga and tai chi.
- Fitness equipment designed for seniors, including treadmills and weight machines.
- Personal training available by appointment. Our personal trainers specialize in post-therapy exercise programs.
- Massage therapy by appointment in the day spa.
Would you like to know more about how you can pursue your wellness goals at our senior living community? Get in touch! Use the form on this page to reach out.